RecSys 2017 will be hosted in Como, Italy, at the Teatro Sociale di Como from August 27-31, 2017.
This map shows the location of the conference venue:
Information on accommodations and their locations can be found here.
The beauty of Como goes far beyond the famous lake: the city hosts museums, monuments, parks and villas. Many notable sights are easily reachable by foot or by public transportation, for instance:
- Duomo: The 14th century Gothic-Renaissance cathedral
- Tempio Voltiano: A scientific museum, realized in neoclassical style
- Volta lighthouse: A very high building allowing a wonderful view on the lake
- War Memorial: One of the tallest structures near the water
- City Walls
- Civic Archeological Museum and History Museum
- Civic Art Gallery
Moreover, interesting boat trips on the lake are possible, and the nearby valleys are full of opportunities for mountain lovers.
For further information, visit the official official website of the City of Como.
Getting to Como
The closest airport to the conference venue is Milano-Malpensa, which is about 50km far.
You can reach Como from Malpensa as follows:
- By Train: Take Malpensa Express train and get off at Saronno station (20 minutes, frequency: every 15 minutes), then take the train to Como Lago station (40 minutes, frequency: every 30 minutes)
- By Taxi: 45 minutes, about 100€
If needed, the conference venue can be reached also from other airports in the Milano area:
- From Milano-Linate Airport (65km):
- By Bus+Train: Take the shuttle bus to Milano Central railway station (30 minutes, frequency: every 30 minutes), then take the train from Milano Central station to Chiasso and get off at Como San Giovanni station (45 minutes, frequency: every hour)
- By Taxi: 60 minutes, about 130€
- From Bergamo-Orio al Serio Airport (90km):
- By Bus+Train: Take the shuttle bus to Milano Central railway station (60 minutes, frequency: every 30 minutes), then take the train from Milano Central station to Chiasso and get off at Como San Giovanni station (45 minutes, frequency: every hour)
- By Taxi: 90 minutes, about 180€
Once in Como it is very easy to get around, by using local public transportation.
For further information see the website of ASF Autolinee.