Call for Contributions
Call for Papers
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the premier annual event on research and applications of recommendation technologies, the Ninth ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2015). The conference will be held in Vienna, Austria from Sept 16th to Sept 20th, 2015. Previous conferences have been distinguished by a strong level of interaction between researchers and practitioners in the sharing of ideas, problems and solutions. The 2015 conference will continue and reinforce this tradition.
We construe recommender systems broadly, including applications ranging from e-commerce to social networking, platforms from web to mobile and beyond, and a wide variety of technologies ranging from collaborative filtering to knowledge-based reasoning. Topics of interest for RecSys 2015 include (but are not limited to):
- Algorithm scalability
- Case studies of real-world implementations
- Conversational recommender systems
- Context-aware recommenders
- Evaluation metrics and studies
- Explanations and evidence
- Field and user studies
- Group recommenders
- Impact studies
- Innovative/New applications
- Machine learning for recommendation
- Mobile and multi-channel recommendations
- Novel paradigms
- Preference elicitation
- Privacy and Security
- Recommendation algorithms
- Social recommenders
- Semantic technologies for recommendation
- Targeted advertising
- Trust and reputation
- Theoretical foundations
- User interaction and interfaces
- User modelling
There are two paper submission categories:
LONG PAPER submissions should report on substantial contributions of lasting value. The maximum length is 8 pages. Each accepted long paper will be included in the conference proceedings and presented in a plenary session as part of the main conference program. We expect the review process to be highly selective: the acceptance rates for full papers in the past three years were 20-24%.
SHORT PAPER submissions typically discuss exciting new work that is not yet mature enough for a long paper. The maximum length is 4 pages. Each accepted short paper will be included in the conference proceedings and presented in a poster session. The presentation may include a system demonstration.
Note that rejected long paper submissions will not be considered as short papers.
SIGCHI Submitter Agreement
RecSys 2015 is a SIGCHI conference and making a submission to a SIGCHI conference is a serious matter. Submissions require time and effort by SIGCHI volunteers to organize and manage the reviewing process, and, if the submission is accepted, the publication and presentation process. Thus, anyone who submits to RecSys 2015 implicitly confirms the following statements:
- I confirm that this submission is the work of myself and my co-authors
- I confirm that I or my co-authors hold copyright to the content, and have obtained appropriate permissions for any portions of the content that are copyrighted by others.
- I confirm that any research reported in this submission involving human subjects has gone through the appropriate approval process at my institution.
- I confirm that if this paper is accepted, I or one of my co-authors will attend the conference.
Paper Format and Submission
All submissions and reviews will be handled electronically. RecSys 2015 submissions should be prepared in PDF format according to the standard double-column ACM SIG proceedings format. Additional information about formatting and style files are available online (tighter alternate style). The peer review process is double-blind (i.e. anonymized). This means that all submissions must not include information identifying the authors or their organization. Specifically, do not include the authors’ names and affiliations, anonymize citations to your own previous work and avoid providing any other information that would allow to identify the authors, such as acknowledgments and funding.
Papers must be electronically submitted to the EasyChair Website by 23:59 (11:59pm) UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on April 24th 2015. In order to be fair to all authors, there will be no extensions to the submission deadline. Papers not submitted by the deadline will not be reviewed.
Note that the EasyChair site allows you to upload updated versions of your paper until the deadline – so you may want to upload an early version of the paper which you can later (if you wish to) overwrite with a newer version of the paper until the deadline.
- Papers due: April 24th, 2015
- Notification: June 29th, 2015
- Camera-ready papers due: July 16th, 2015
- Deadlines refer to 23:59 (11:59pm) in the UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) time zone.